Saturday, October 16, 2010

Legendary Land Rover


I love these early series Land Rovers - they are a design classic and really undervalued. One of the easier vehicles to restore as there are a lot of them around. I've seen a few in LA that have been polished back to bare aluminium and they look incredible. I guess it helps with the lack of rain there to keep the corrosion at bay but some clearcoat will help with that.





This is my 1960 Series II SWB (short wheel base) part way through the makeover. Those narrow headlights are so distinctive.

 Looking for an original set of wheels + now has a spare on the hood for that distinctive Landy look. I've been letting the paint fade to a flat green and looks much tougher now.


4 bolts and the top of the windows come off + I've built a simple bimini top that works well.



I've replaced the vinyl with green canvas so you don't feel the heat in summer. I love the patina of the interior, scratched, scuffed and faded.





4 comments:

  1. Hi, Just came across your pics - great by the way!!
    Just wondering what rims and tyre's you've got set up there on your series 2, as am looking into doing something similar with my own series 2

    thannks

    ReplyDelete
  2. It’s a blog with full of latest and spectacular information’s – This blog has helped me to gain much more information. I would like to appreciate the blog owner for his efforts
    Land Rover Australia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, you make mind blowing ideas Range Rover Range Rover SportLast time, when I saw your site this was a little good but today I visit the web site again and find that you guys making a very smart work on the site. Today Web surfing is run very fast and a huge competition over the web is spread. So it is quite interesting. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your articles that you have shared with us. Hopefully you can give the article a good benefit to us. Land Rover Lift Kit Installation

    ReplyDelete